1. StartUp Borneo’s mission is to help bring startups, entrepreneurs, innovative and creative projects to life.
StartUp Borneo will create tools and resources that help people bring their startup and business projects to life, and that connect people around innovation and creative projects and the creative process.
StartUp Borneo will care for the health of its ecosystem and integrity of its systems.
StartUp Borneo will engage beyond its walls with the greater issues and conversations affecting startups, innovators, creators, and artists.
2. StartUp Borneo’s operations will reflect its values.
StartUp Borneo will never sell user data to third parties. It will zealously defend the privacy rights and personal data of the people who use its service, including in its dealings with government entities.
StartUp Borneo will not lobby or campaign for public policies unless they align with its mission and values, regardless of possible economic benefits to the company.
StartUp Borneo will seek to limit environmental impact. It will invest in green infrastructure, support green commuting methods, and factor environmental impact when choosing vendors. Additionally, StartUp Borneo will provide recommendations and resources that help creators make environmentally conscious decisions on tasks, like shipping and packaging, that are common to the use of its services.
3. StartUp Borneo supports a more innovative, creative and equitable world.
StartUp Borneo will annually donate 5% of its after-tax profit towards arts and music education, and to organizations fighting to end systemic inequality as further defined in sections 4(c) and 5(c) below (the “5% pledge”).
StartUp Borneo may invest in any of its startup to grow and build a sustainable startup ecosystem in Borneo.
4. StartUp Borneo is committed to science, innovation and arts.
StartUp Borneo will always support, serve, and champion science talent and innovations, artists and creators, especially those working in less commercial areas.
StartUp Borneo will foster a supportive environment for startup communities to work on their own creative and innovative projects, including time off to pursue them.
Half of StartUp Borneo’s 5% pledge will be devoted to science, innovation, arts programs for children and young adults, with a primary focus on supporting underserved communities in Sarawak. Funds will be distributed to non-governmental and non-profit organizations, public schools, or via programs developed by StartUp Borneo.
5. StartUp Borneo is committed to fighting inequality.
StartUp Borneo will provide opportunities and paid time off for startup communities to provide professional mentorship and skills training to people from groups underrepresented in the worlds of art, business, or technology.
StartUp Borneo will report on team and leadership demographics, and programs and strategies employed to build a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization.
Half of StartUp Borneo’s 5% pledge will be devoted to organizations addressing systemic inequality. StartUp Borneo will primarily focus such contributions on non-governmental and non-profit organizations especially in fighting to end prejudices against and increase opportunities for people of color, religion, women.
Many people use StartUp Borneo. We expect all of them to behave responsibly and help keep this a nice place. Don’t do any of these things on the Site:
- Don’t break the law. Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t lie to people. Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t offer prohibited items. Don’t offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of StartUp Borneo’s policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Don’t victimize anyone. Don’t do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t spam. Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Don’t run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- Don’t harm anyone’s computer. Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to StartUp Borneo or another party).
- Don’t abuse other users’ personal information. When you use StartUp Borneo — and especially if you create a successful project — you may receive information about other users, including things like their names, email addresses, and postal addresses. This information is provided for the purpose of participating in a StartUp Borneo project: don’t use it for other purposes, and don’t abuse it.
We also need to make sure that the Site is secure and our systems function properly. So don’t do any of these things — most of which boil down to “don’t mess with our system.”
- Don’t try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- Don’t bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services.
- Don’t try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to StartUp Borneo or another party.
- Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
- Don’t use any kind of software or device (whether it’s manual or automated) to “crawl” or “spider” any part of the Site.
- Don’t take apart or reverse engineer any aspect of StartUp Borneo in an effort to access things like source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms.